The benefits of anthracite coal are universally accepted:
- Clean, long-burning
- Easier to use and lasts longer than cord wood when used in a coal stove or fireplace insert
- Even heat and high level of BTUs compared to other fuels
- Little ash to dispose of; what ash there is can be used to aerate soil
- Lower cost than other fuels
- Minimal fireplace or stove maintenance
- No creosote buildup in the chimney
- No smoke or emissions
- Only natural source of carbon; highest purity carbon in the world
- Very hard; low sulfur content
- Widely traded commodity
For a fact sheet on the advantages of using anthracite, click here.
Not all anthracite is created equal.
At Blaschak Coal Corp., we take special care to see that our coal is quality-assured by providing a product that is:
- Cleaner; no wood or cinders
- Evenly sized
- Prevents clinkering
- Produced in America
- Right fusion qualities
Blaschak takes pride in processing and preparing our coal at our own facilities, ensuring our bags are consistently sized.